A vendor was working on one of our (their) DEV DBs. They were restoring it with something and did something to interupt it or it just got corrupt. I've tried a variety of things that could stop with no luck. finally upon searching for a solution, in a post of some forum foudn from googling, someone stated that you can:
"If no recovery option is specified in your command then it defaults to WITH RECOVERY...
I don't see any problem deleted the db and restoring it...but you can restore on top of db which is in loading status..."
So, therefore, I did a RESTORE, which I can now do after restarting the SQL and Agent services, WITH RECOVERY successfully! If you can not restore which I had previously tried to do getting an error stating it was still in progress of a restore, restart the services first then re-restore with recovery!