Critical Status - Database-Oriented Issues Plus

It seems that everything has a critical status, especially when it comes to databases and software development! Here's a place for listing issues and ideas relating to database and development issues. I'll list problems and ideas mainly related to SQL Server 2005. Post your thoughts, advice or complaints! Later this year will be the 25th anniversary of being in the trenches of the IT industry. I specialize in database applications development. I'd like to share my experiences with everyone and learn of those of others. You never stop learning.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

cant use USE

this should work - am trying it now. it doesn't fail.

--**************************** --REPLACES USE @NAME;--****************************DECLARE @cmd nvarchar(50)SELECT @cmd = 'USE '+ @NAME+';'EXEC sp_executesql @cmd;--GO;--****************************


more coming!

1 comment:

daspeac said...

I have heard about another way of corrupt mdf recovery. Besides, you can visit my blogs at: http://daspeac.livejournal.com/ or http://daspeac.blogspot.com/ where I’m trying to share my experience with regard to data corruption issues